Thursday, February 14, 2008

Hearts are for beating.

I spent a ginormous amount of time trying to fathom how the hell am I going to avoid this day as if it were the plague. Honestly, not that I don't feel anything special about it besides the uberly hectic schedule that I have that's distributed evenly throughout the day because of campaigning. Or not that I took note of it too over the past week. Truth is I didn't care, single or not, it's all just the same.

That's how bitter I am. This is the second year in a row that I will be celebrating V-day as single lady. Hence, I am more proactive with the thought of jubilating because it's also the Single Awareness Day. :)) Even if I am wearing a bright red jersey dress (nothing to do with V-day excuse me), I regard this day as typical yet not dismounting the fact that I could bump into cheesiness, mushiness and sappiness in the form of flowers, chocolates and stuffed animals everywhere. Oh the horror.

Things have been more complicated. I don't know why and I don't know how were are going to figure this by ourselves. But I guess I have to accept that while we do not arrive at an agreement on what we really want to have or what we are willing to let go of then everything is just downright confusing. It actually became a burden more - contrary to how the break up was supposed to address to that problem. Ugggh.

I went with my dad to the cheesy stop last night so that he could buy a bouquet of flowers for my mom and a round of Toblerone for... her also. Hahaha. Gone are the days when I'd be looking forward to something. Come to think of it. I haven't gotten the chance to celebrate V-day in a special way. Ever. Two years ago, I was fighting with him. *cough*ex*cough* And then last year, my friends and I established the SAWINU club (forgot what it stands for), wore black outfits and stayed in Seattles' Best to study for our Calculus exam. And this year. Well, let's just say that I'm not up for it. I go around with a genuine smile, greeting everyone a warm V-day. And I think that's enough.:)




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you know i'm just here for you... i do hope we settle things... just take care always...