Friday, March 12, 2010

Still so little time. :)

Pardon me for the lack of initiative to actually compose a decent entry when, after all, I am supposed to be doused with so much of my so-called freedom. NOT. It's been a week and in as much as I am enjoying it the lack of structure and academic deadlines, I still have tons of stuff to attend to. BELIEVE ME. So just a quick recap.





My final day in Ateneo marked its end when I took my last Philosophy oral exam. Above are pictures of the Dela Costa cat lounging on the bench in front of me while I was reviewing and my Philo oral exam reviewer, fine-tuned to every last bit of information that I forced to cram inside my head that Saturday morning.

After 15 minutes, that was it. I was FREE. Forever free of any academic requirement ever known to every Atenean. WEEEEE.

So the next week was as hectic with all the McCann sessions piling up, interviews, girl friend obligations, clearance and the best way to cap off the week, my last ever Sanggunian Graduation. :(

[EDIT] March 11, 2010 12:41 am

I just had to postpone the writing spree the other night. I was so tired so I had to put my laptop away. Last night after my jogging spree with Ann, I just had to take a nice bath, eat dimsum for dinner and then crash in my fresh sheeeets. It was heaven.

So just a few random thoughts and updates:

1. I am itching to read Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez (sorry, I haven't read it) but I'm scared that if I start I won't be able to stop.
2. I am currently busy with planning trips for the summer and beyond. Yeah, I postponed this until now because I knew that if I tried to multitask during my hell week, I won't be able to make it. So thank God. Bora's the only sure thing for now we're trying Subic and Singapore for the later part of the break. :)
3. I have yet to fully revamp my room because ugh! I keep going out! Haha! I still go to school until now! ARGH right?
4. In relation to that, errands everywhere. Brandstorm, Bora, shopping, etc. Whooo! I'm glad my parents still give me money or else I'll be completely immobile. :/
5. I GOT A NEW DO. All because Ojie was sitting next to me while I was getting a hair cut. He wanted it short like that of Robie's but I've never sported short hair since Kindergarten! So my attempt to get rid of stray hair and to prettify my layers until my designated time to perm became a full blow coming out thing. Like a last hurrah I want to look different on graduation thing. Or like, this is me becoming a woman thing. ARRGH! Hahaha thanks babe!
6. Things to buy: like black shoes for grad, MORE corporate clothes, new summer items and stuff are still PENDING.
7. I am going on a much-needed retreat next week. In fact, I had a pre-retreat workshop the other day where they taught me the basics of 'praying.' Well I found it kind of useless but hey, who am I to contest the Ignatian style of meditating? Ha? Haha :)
8. DIET MODE. Jogging, less carbs, veggie replacements, early dinners, SO ON. Basta, this will be good for me. Changed meds and my body is adjusting well (although not at the beginning). I need all the cooperation I can get from everyone! Heehee!
9. Career-wise on a pause but still digging it!
10. STEADY with everyday. Okay kind of cryptic but I swear, this is freedom personified. No deadlines but WORK and obligations to improve one's life. Now this is THE perfect way to start summer.

Kthanksbye <3 Next time! :)

No comments: