Monday, June 27, 2011

Overhaul.

If I had tried to apply for being a columnist, I would have easily found ways on how to not nail the job. Like turning in an article past the deadline for one, and the lack of creativity (or writing skills for that matter) to keep an interest piece actually interesting for another. 

Which is all so funny because I used to write a lot when I was little. I used to draft sample novels and short stories, dreamed that I would be the next Louisa May Alcott of my then-favorite book, The Little Women or Charles Dickens who would create an amazing set of classics as David Copperfield and Great Expectations. Those were the legends, the non-negotiables when a bookworm is to be initiated. After the long stretch of must reads, my choices then matured to contemporary ones with more depth, mystery and insight. 

ANYWAY. As I was saying, I couldn't finish writing to save my life the moment I entered tweendom. Before, my only outlet was this blog. I would bombard it with a lot of trivialities, of senseless thoughts and rants mainly because I was too alone for a time that I didn't bother keeping my life an open book to strangers. Now and then I would update it (to the dismay of the decreasing number of readers) and would leave it hanging for most of the time. 

Now, the sense of blogging in the (and for my) blog world has been redefined. From how I saw it as no more than an online journal, back in the sections of MySpace or Multiply, it has been transformed into a powerful reading tool and a means of self-expression to proliferate and enhance culture, to shape the minds of the modern readers. 

And of course, microblogging has emerged. After my breakup (yes details below), I got myself attached to my one and only BlackBerry. Thanks to easier social access, BB SOCIAL ON, Twitter and Tumblr have been both my bffs next to Facebook in any given day. Of course, I would rather type in a 140 character update of where I am, what I ate or what I did than compose a lengthy entry for everyone and anyone to ogle at and read. 

But now I do not have any excuses. I have fully resolved it in myself that I would, somehow find a way to spruce this blog up, see how the times have rolled and keep it a pretty interesting reflection of how my life has set its course. It definitely isn't the immature, juvenile and naive write ups that I used to post circa 2005 here. However, it wouldn't try to sound as preppy or as choreographed as most blogs do as if writing a column for a fashion magazine. It will be the avenue of my open mind, my adventures, my opinions and my feelings. 

So before I move further, I decided to give myself some rules of engagement. Since this will be an official upping scale of all sorts, I'm establishing a set of seemingly hard and fast rules (which can be broken most of the time depends on my mood, HAHA useless) for the entries that I put here. The content will solely be on things like: 

1. My eternal love for food. 

And no, I won't even try to sound like I'm a foodie. Everything I eat is practically considered delicious already so I don't have to go ala Giada de Laurentiis or Nigella Lawson on anyone. I don't have to dissect the taste, piece the flavors and make up some crap about how the dish is a harmony of whatnots. I know food is worth remembering when it passes one major criteria: It's so good I have to have other people try it by cooking it. So alongside my bouts for the food I try for the first time are the experiments that I make on my journey towards my long awaited stature of life: a stay at home/trophy wife who cooks wickedly delicious meals. 

KIDDING. 

I love to cook and I decided that I make it a weekly habit by cooking fancy lunches for the family. It's a good way to polish my Iron Chef skills in the making without having to attend ridiculously expensive culinary schools which won't get me any closer to earning Michelin stars anyway. (No offense hahaha) 

2. Adventures 

Though the mundane is inevitable, I think I have proven that a lot of firsts and things to be crossed off my bucket list have had the chance to happen at this time and age. This time, I have earned the right to inject some poetic license and to sensationalize these events by highlighting my feelings. Mind you, these will be the only real feelings that will be revealed in the coming months or so, as I have finally coerced myself to shut out all possibilities of unwarranted frustrations and anxiety related to the male species. And yes, that was a bit bitter and shallow. But screw you. 

So, may be it an an afterwork session of beer and Rockeoke, a hike to Sagada or a trip to Shoe In Love (yes, for the most part these are what make up my July's first week), every little adventure is worth documenting. 

There is some kind of liberation when I look back and compare all these to nonsensical entries of how I got stuck in class or the readings I did or the tests I aced and the subjects I unwillingly failed back in my years in the academe. I have so much time that I can invest on doing so many other things that I cannot deprive myself of living just because I have to beat deadlines and live up to the expectations of other people (in this case, my teammates and bosses). 

The time to live is now. I have responsibilities at work and I do them great, but I also have a responsibility to myself. To live. 

3. Projects

Basically anything that falls within ambitions, aspirations, hopes and dreams. Like my upcoming business, my new involvements and things I try to initiate that are a bit of life-changing. Whether it's aspiring to become financially responsible, whether it's a mental debate on getting a credit card, or even the most impossible dream of taking over the world at 22, then I should be able to write about it. 

HONESTLY. I don't know why I have to categorize these things or impose them as if no other subject is allowed. This is, after all, my virtual space that cannot be just left hanging or filled up with junk or creepy blog walkers who advertise or whatever. Just don't expect my blog to trend, go viral or be a part of BlogLovin'. I do not intend to make another space in Wordpress, my loyalty is with Blogspot ♥ 


Therefore, expect to be doused with these couple of things, with much better tags, labels and bookmarked sites on the side scroll. I need to keep up with the times and have a few good reads myself so I can set a benchmark for good writing. (HAHA) But most importantly, it's where I get to share with you the things that interest me the most and get the inspirations for most of the (literary) work that will be coming in. Safe to say that these are all still in the works until further notice. I still have a daytime job too you know. Heehee. 


So here's to more entries, substance or no substance alike, as I finally cheer myself to living life. Moving forward as we say. En route to happiness. (Next entry title) 





'Cause we are all hanging by a thread and it takes no time for us to think, whether to take that leap of faith or not. ♥ 



No comments: