Monday, December 03, 2012

First Day Funk

What do you know I have another pending entry before I decided to compose this? It got bumped off because it was incomplete and my Multiply export tool is taking forever to download all of my memories circa 2006. I was planning to do a top 20 list complete with pictures and everything as a tribute to my insanely colorful past. 

But okay. Here goes. 

It's barely a minute before 1AM and I'm up doing leftover reports for my former employer. Yup. Tomorrow is my official first day at the new palace. I never thought it would be more exciting than it should, but it is. The only reason why I'm still up is because of the adrenaline rush (despite the tiring 4 day 'hiatus/self-errands' transition period) that's been picking on my nerves. I booked a lunch date with a friend (who I think is reluctant to show up since he didn't rsvp) and a dinner with my marketing foursome (I kind of have to call them that now since that has to be our x factor) just to keep the day's momentum. 

I can't believe I'm back to square one. A week ago, I couldn't believe that I was leaving the place I called home for over two bittersweetly agonizing and euphoric years. The decision to transfer to another company, let alone a bigger, more mature, more economically relevant one was a bit of a surprise for me too. But I felt that, and this of course is paired with reasons known to my peers and I, it was really time for me to grow and move forward to do greater things like I am destined to. 

A room full of unfamiliar faces is enough to make me press the panic button, what more an entire building? It's like freshman year all over again. Despite not being able to tidy up my warehouse of a room (still longing for the time I can vacate and move to the new higher ground) I have already packed my bag with notebook and pen, decided on my outfit and of course prettified myself for the occasion - such a cliche. I'm ready as hell to take the new road again. I guess what makes me more excited is the fact that I can take more challenges now and buckets of to do lists await me plus the fact that I feel I'm becoming a more responsible and a wiser person each day. Couple that with the perk of earning at least 3x more to give way for my lifestyle (hello travels, investments, stocks, masters, business) and the time to do so many other things like my orgs. 

I left with a caveat from most of my friends and professional peers that if I left because of a few unpleasant people at work, this bigger sea I'm about to dive in has 100x more filled with them.  In the first place I didn't and of course, I already knew that. And that's no big deal.Because no matter where I am, I know I'm a step closer to where I should be. 



No comments: