Sunday, October 21, 2012

Christmas Wish List :)

HELLO! Long time! As per usual, I have failed to keep this blog alive thanks to all the yuppie problems enough to keep me busy on a daily basis.  

Some good news: I have kept true to my promise of cooking meals for my family on a weekly basis, I have found a way to solve my career dilemma, I have remedied a few of my short sighted crises in the past months. In fact, 4Q is turning out to be the best period of the year so far. 

In the middle of all the pre-holiday planning, pre-shopping and food scouting for the looming festive season, I took the initiative to organize all probable expenses into a wish list. This way, I will be able to  prioritize the assortment of goodies I already earmarked since day 1 of our pre-shopping spree this first week of October. 

1) Table top oven 
    I have not been able to test my skills in baking and desserts because the gas range and the oven     have yet to be replaced here at home. Thank God my parents are allowing me to buy a smaller oven this Christmas. I saw one today while looking for a portable emergency light (because my parents are really paranoid about typhoons and the climate change) which is a bit under 10k. Pwede na! I'll treat it as part capital for a hobby-business. Hahaha.

Goodbye to no-bake desserts! I already have a gazillion ideas in mind, maybe even do this as a sideline on weekends. I've done a mental layout of the packaging and sticker design to top it all off. Hahaha :) 

2) Baking and cooking materials 
    Of course I won't be able to pursue sweets and pastries without the right cooking ensemble. I've been eyeing on the basics but nothing fancy. Just the few that will help me survive since I have been using improvised molding pans for quite a while. Hahaha. I also need a sushi mat, outdoor grill and food processor. Hihihi :) 


3) External Hard Drive 
    Yes, I love my series. Plus I'm working on some freelance projects for PS and web content. I might need to free up some space and give way for a formal portfolio. I'm kind of lazy to take pictures lately but since I'm looking at upgrading my camera, hope I can do my 2012 travel photodump soon! :) This year was indeed the beginning of my travel years ;) 

4) Classes 
    Since I'm still on my 2nd year off of graduation, I have a year before I can pursue parttime teaching and eventually an MD, so I want to invest in all types of learning I could use. Short courses on cooking, Adobe apps and of course another set of refresher course for driving. Finally getting wheels (oh so delayed gratification) but I don't know if I'm happy since I'll be paying for it and the gas. I might have to lay off on the clothes and travel for a while. It's a good thing I've already invested in great gadgets this year. 

5) Treadmill 
    With my mom lobbying for opposition, my dad and I have been canvassing for treadmills that we can use when our veranda gets built. Nothing can surely replace jogging in Makati parks, but let's face it. This is a more practical (and lazy-friendly) way to ensure that we all do our mandated dose of cardio every day, even during the rainy season. Here's hoping my mom isn't right about us. Hahahaha. 

Well what else? Looking at my wish list, I can see that I'm maturing in terms of selecting purchases and investments. I hope everything fits my budget since we're upgrading almost everything in the house starting November. 

I'm so excited! Never been more excited for the holidays! I have a lot of dinners, reunions and travel lined up for this! :D 


    
    



No comments: