Thursday, March 01, 2012

The magic 2-3.

It's the 1st of March and that only means one thing: BIRTHDAY MONTH!!! :) 


Aside from the exaggerated excuse to make a month-long celebration centered on my being (wait for it) 23 and fabulous, I wanted to make this year extra special. Not because 23 is such a milestone and a cause for jubilation, but because this year compared to the past couple of years, is entirely and more excitingly different. 


For one, the schedule by which my birthday chose to grace is a combo of three paradoxically stressful, gratifying, long-awaited yet long-avoided kind of day. Well at least for me. Picture a month end-end of quarter, payday, Friday birthday. There are just so many things all happening at the same time! More amusingly so, my initial goal of making the whole month about me just zapped itself to oblivion because everybody else will be busy thinking about other things. Hahahaha. Too bad! I'm still clueless on planning celebrations (I got pressured because of my friend who's celebrating her birthday to fund charity) so I guess I still have a few weeks to plan. 


Second, as part of my yearly Lenten sacrifice and I have to say, one of the most unique gift selections for myself on my birthday, I chose a rather unconventional way of bringing the grandeur of my celebration to new heights. I picked a very special present for myself in the form of: WEIGHT LOSS. Specifically, a minimum of 20lbs. 


After my brief weekend  adventure trip to GenSan (post of which coming right up) I had the chance to talk to my good friend Raymond. He, like my many other friends who pass on the good news (and unwarranted advice) of how to lose weight is a very credible source of tried and tested means to achieve a hot body  to complement the already excessive oozing out of intellect and personality. He was actually the second person to discuss the Slow Carb Diet next to my other good friend Niko who drastically transformed in the 4 years that he was my blockmate. I believe them (and the article) because of their so many valid points and I guess it is high time that I make the extra effort to look go back to looking at mirrors again and not hating the weighing scale. This obesity has been a nightmare for me in every sense of the word. Clothes that used to fit suddenly scrimped on room and I actually had to avoid meeting up with old friends to spare myself from being ridiculed. 


Never mind that I have crazy yoyoing hormones, people have been alarmed about my weight for too long and I just can't give them the right to judge me anymore. Whatever it takes, I will do my best to stick to the diet, finish my gym membership, start running and discount myself with those 20lbs. My new and improved figure will be the best gift that I will ever receive on my 23rd birthday. 


I can kiss these goodbye. At least 6 days a week.











I'm electing Sunday as my cheat day since my family almost always eats out on weekends but of course, my birthday makes the exception. ♥ 


Finally, the turn of the month signals more work and more responsibilities but I am so glad that in the midst of chaos and stress, I'm beginning to see all my dreams materialize. Maybe not exactly how I want them to be but where I am is definitely a good start. 


Toodles! :) 






No comments: