Sunday, September 30, 2007

Countdown and a message to you.

[EDIT] September 30, 2007 | 6:32 p.m.
Fresh from watching the game, you gotta admit that it was a heartbreaking loss. Seeing how the Blue Eagles fought until the last minute. I wouldn't call it bad luck. Maybe the push just wasn't hard enough. Or better yet, maybe we have other things to prove or have actually proven other then winning that sudden death game.

Oh what the hell. Let them be proud of one of the fewest things they can be. (Ahoohoo. Joke lang.;p) - eh kasi kayo eh. You started it. I really don't see the satisfaction that you get by rubbing your bitter victory banners all over our faces when every time we win, we just say it's a nice game. So there there. Thanks for the good spread the entire season.:)

Now back to my regular dose of workaholism. ;p

Yesterday.

It's 88 days before Christmas.
It's two weeks before we kiss the hell month goodbye.
It's less than 24 hours before our 5th game against La Salle.

These, for the most part, are the things which I am looking forward to for now. It's so annoying to be controlled by the invisible hands of time. It's not like I have a choice but to go along with it. If I want my life to get any easier than it is, I better start moving now. I don't want any regrets if I get stuck in a shithole in the next 5 years.

But hey. That's just me. I'm the type of person who doesn't care if my efforts go to waste just as long as I know that I did my part. I don't care if it doesn't get me anywhere because a chunk of me always believes in the fact that I am the sole entity that can control the things that I want to happen, the places where I want to land on. Or so I hope.

I've never experienced this much stress in my entire life. I've never complained this much about the amount of work that's been dumped on my face in the shortest span of time. I've never doubted my abilities as a person in like, forever. And this is all because of the resounding voices of stress (in three different languages: Chinese, English and Filipino) at the back of my mind. I've made school my life for the past two weeks that I barely feel like I'm still living within the confines of humanity. Deadlines are all I have, work is all I could think of and I just keep crossing out everything that I can accomplish.

Moving on. I read someone's blog who tagged me out of the blue.

I have a friend who I care for so much. Among the girls in our group, I consider myself as the closest to him since we kind of formed this bond when he became my seat mate in one of my hatest Math subjects last year. He's the type of guy who likes to do things his way, always ready to take the risk and doesn't care of what other people will think and say. And I've always admired those things about him. Unlike me, his life doesn't depend on colored marks in a planner and on 5 different things where to-do lists can be found. Ironic as it may sound, he's one of the strongest people who have come my way.


I just hate how he thinks he's better off alone. I've always tried to make him feel that my friends and I were always there for him but in every attempt, he just nods his head and gets poked a little and then we couldn't find any trace of him again. But that's a minor thing compared to how I hate how he is being treated.

Emo people have this tendency to get so attached to things and other people. Sometimes, they find it difficult to detach themselves or to muster acceptance at the slightest hint of disappointment. (I would know because I'm in a relationship with a former emo guy. Hahahaha;p But okay, he's beside the point.) I know some things about his recent relationship and how (for me) shitty it is. And if anyone taught me the concept about how everybody should be treated right, then I say snaps to this guy. It's just really sad how everyone cannot follow his own advice.

I know our friendship hasn't gone too deep for me to even create an impact on the life of this guy. Yet I would always hope that he'd take what happened to me (last year) as a lesson learned. If he allows it, then maybe it can serve as a waking call to stop himself from some sort of self-flagellation. We've always wanted the best for him, we've always wished for his happiness. But I guess if he doesn't make his choice, then perhaps it'll be all up to him.

I guess what I just want to say is, no matter how hard life gets to us, we all have our choices to make. Making things easy is one of them. After all, that's why they say that happiness is a choice - there is no right time for us to be miserable or elated, because the right moment happens as soon as we make our choice.

I hope your hermit mode will help you. Everyone could use a bit of the hibernation. Inuman naman tayo after ng lahat ng 'to.

We'll be here - as we've always been.:)

No comments: