Thursday, September 06, 2007

Last night, I realized...

... that I want to shift into another course.

Actually, Media talk has first dibs on this. I went inside Escaler Hall with the mere goal of attending the required talk to compensate for our free Comm class period in the morning. I didn't anticipate that the 20% intentions that I had in shifting to either Com or Polsci will be further heightened. A bit scary if you ask me. I entered the Hall and I saw familiar faces: debaters, friends and famous people. All who are of my same inclination: current events, public affairs, media, politics, issues. I know. It's a bit to late for this to occur to me even now. But is it?

I sat there listening intently to every word and discussing things with Kate (snaps to you, you were a big big factor on this shifting thing;p). And everything came running back to me. See, everyone really sees me as the Comm person. Meaning, never ever the Math person. Comm is really my kind of thing and that's not even the half of it. I enjoy doing it. I love it. Ever since I stopped debating it has been Accounting, Econ and Law. Econ is a core subject so I'm bound to take it anyway. Law and Accounting? Not really. (Law on Obligations and Contracts btw.) I dunno. I don't really have a problem with the curriculum or the subjects in my course. It's just the lack of motivation that keeps me from really exerting effort and doing my best so that I could ace my subjects. I mean, I could be really really good at them if I wanted to and it's just a lame ass thing that I have to bear this all the time. It would be nice to know that I can keep everything balanced no matter what course that I'm in.

But the thing is, I don't find it fulfilling anymore. I know how hard it is to keep pursuing a thing without putting your heart in it. And after all the hard work, all the efforts are to no avail. It just keeps getting worse by the minute.

People keep on asking me what my job will be on the occasion that I decide to pursue Comm. A lot of course. It may not be as big as having a business or being a tycoon at one, but once you find your place and you actually get discovered for what you do, then the money will start flowing. There's a lot of money in Comm if you think about it. And for the most part, that's the last thing that worries me. What I want is to do what I really really really like. It's not about the financial thing. It never will be. Hmmm. I need more breaks to think about this don't I?:(

[EDIT] I just want to put a follow up on the post above. I need to get a 3 to be able to shift to Comm or any other SOSS course. Hopefully, I will get more enlightened with this matter so that I can decide what to do with my budding career. I've already told my friends about this and I know that they just don't understand me now. They don't want me to leave, especially the barkada. Besides, my term as the block rep ends this school year. I have no chances of pursuing Sanggu if I ever step out of JGSOM's confines.:( But hey, that's a risk that I would take. At least I get to do the things that I want to do right? Bahala na muna. I know that mentality is bad, but I guess I just have to do my best and really wait and see for now.

Aaargh. I don't feel well now. I'm dl-ing notes here in a comp shop because my laptop is suddenly malfunctioning. It needs a little bit tlc from me. Awww.☺


No comments: