Sunday, September 23, 2007

I deserve this.

Hello dear friends. It’s only now that I get to update my blog about stuff. I mean, getting the chance to do things which aren’t academically related is like considered as a miraculous event for me at this time. Whew.

This is the first time that I have gotten the chance to go out ‘go out’ for so long. The last real night out that I had was over the summer in Embassy. When the start of Sophomore year kicked in, I barely had the chance to go out with friends except for parties and dinners in celebration of debuts and other birthdays. And oh my God. I am so glad that I really grabbed the opportunity to go out. I mean, there was this slight possibility of me going to Pampanga to attend a family thing instead, but thanks to my Career Exploration Workshop this morning, everything else just kinda followed.

Fun is it. There was just too much to happen over the weekend (and heck it’s still not over yet!) The conclusion of my academic week was marked with our 3rd Accounting LT. it was fairly easy compared to the other two. Although I was a bit disappointed because the usual mental block pushed me to commit careless mistakes. But at the very least, all the studying paid off. I mean, I practically had to call activities off just so I could make time for studying and doing my other requirements. My friends and I were coerced to spend two straight days in Starbucks to review for our tests and at the same time consume our usual dose of caffeine to boost our drive for studying. (Omg. Talk about the calories from the frappes and Macchiatos). But oh well, we can only complain so much due to the stress and compulsive eating that the rigorous demands of a student’s life can give.

Today was the day of all days. After the long and tiring week, we finally had a break that we most definitely deserved.

I woke up today still woozy yet refreshed from the previous night’s terror. I actually wanted to buy more time to sleep and rest (although fully aware that I can possibly spend the whole day at home if I opt to do that) yet I decided that I planned a rather packed day just to back out of it. Besides, if anything, all the things that I would be doing are like the farthest things related to work and are just easy relaxing leisure activities.

First stop: Admu Guidance Center for my CEW. My scheduled Career Workshop is today and I had no choice but to attend it since it is a prerequisite to my shifting application. (however, there are certain factors which are so telling my to stay put in Comtech at this point). So I attended it bearing in mind that I can back out if ever I wanted to, but I can never qualify for shifting if I’d miss it. And being the responsible one, of course I was in Ateneo before 8:30 in the morning.

It was a rather enlightening workshop about one’s strengths and weaknesses. It is a helpful tool in the sense that if all the Freshmen would undergo it before they decide on a course, then there would be less shiftees during the succeeding year. For me, the workshop got me to think about my decision carefully and to consider necessary actions for my plans.

Fast forward to after my research period in the lib, I went to Riafae’s dorm to eat lunch and rest a bit. The plan was to go to Gateway to help her shop for her outfit during the party, but it took us long to leave the dorm so it was getting late by the time that we reached the mall. In that case, we were really forced to go back and prep us as quickly as we can because if we didn’t we’d have no ride to Sidebar Café.

Yes. Local Committee Applicants’ Party (LCAP) of Ateneo AIESEC in Sidebar Café, El Pueblo Ortigas. I had no idea what that was at first even though I’m a member of Aiesec. I mean, I haven’t really contributed anything except for trying to commit to the NPM event this October.

Of course, as expected there were a lot of people. It was an open bar event so you can just imagine the exodus of drinks from the bar to the hands of everyone in the venue . The best thing about it was that everyone dear to me was present in the event.

My girls and I had Vodka Peach, a bottle of beer, some Vodka shots again and frozen margarita. And yeah, Daryll is low tol in alcohol so the conclusion is all the same. By the time I was sipping my margarita, I was so tipsy already. But hey, no big.

Hun and John arrived, as well as Mars. Wow. Everyone was there. It was really fun, until we had to go to Warehouse for Micho’s birthday bash.

I love it.:)

After a quick rounds in Warehouse and a bit of pictures and dancing (no more drinks this time) Lainey and I had to go home because Daddy Lumanog was already worrying. Wohhhooo.

I had a lot of fun tonight Babe. I know that I will be rocking these last remaining weeks of the Sem. Tomorrow is game day by the way.
I love my life. Impossible is nothing. <3

No comments: