Saturday, May 07, 2005

College or something like it.

Hayup. Sabi ko na nga ba, it won't be too long before I surrender to math. Grabe yung post-test kanina.

Not long ago, (2 months to be exact), my classmates and I were seriously debating on where we were going to take our review classes. Popular options were the All-Up review offered by our school but the venue was in St. Paul Manila, Vienna, MSA, . . . and of course, the Philacademic Review which we chose after 10 years.

For the past weeks, I have been taking review classes every week, during Mondays and Thursdays. Within that span of time, I have managed to achieve a hell lof of things, one of which is commuting alone from here at home to Taft and going back.


Doing this stuff has made me realize how the world will look like after I leave St. Paul.

When I was still a freshman, my dream school was "The" (as some people would like to put it) Ateneo. I was an all-out supporter of the Ateneo Blue Eagles in every season of the UAAP. One of my teachers back then was Sir F, who taught Consumer's Math, and guess where he is now? He's currently a Math professor at the said prestigous university.

As time went on, I got a little ambitious and I was beginning to write UP on top of my where-I-want-to-be-in-college list. I was exposed to a lot of people from UP and I was really impressed with all of what they have to say I mean, in terms of. . . I don't know how to say it. Sure, it's a really good thing if a person will aspire for UP because of its quality education and despite its milieu, but the thing is, it's not as easy as it looks like. Taking the UPCAT can be a real hassle and filling out your app forms can be really tricky. You have to consider your course (settle for a non-quota one if you want to avoid the inevitable competition,hehehe), you also have to take note of the campus you want to pass in because each has a throbbing cut-off grade, UP Manila (contrary to what I thought) having the highest one. Diliman has the second highest cut-off grade, then LB, the last in Luzon then the next will be the provincial campuses. You also have to study the criteria or the basis of how they will admit you as a "Scholar ng Bayan" and man, that's really tough. It'll make your nose bleed and the next thing you know you'll be rubbing you nose hard on a stone it'll be rubbed raw, flesh and blood. Eww. The thought of it makes me sick. Pardon this figure of speech. hehehehe:)

Then again, there's also La Salle. I don't really agree with the fact that I'm the Archer type of girl, but I can also foresee my self on the grounds of this university.

No comments: