Wednesday, April 16, 2008

GUYS aren't that complicated.

Icebergs = <3

So my wish, as indicated in the previous entry, was granted today when I went out with one of my bestest buddies: Kara. She's been one of my precious lovers since freshman year, when we walked around campus with un-plucked eyebrows, knew nothing of green jokes and believed that the world consisted of innocent people. We've been friends for years now and she has seen every inch of me (literally, because of our 3-year swimming course in HS) and has been unfortunately forced to keep all my deepest, darkest secrets. So yeah, she's one hell of a best friend.

Therefore today, we just went out because we haven't seen each other for quite some time. Bulok kasi eh. Di sumama sa Bora. Haha. Kidding.;p It was quite a relaxing day - the SOP - whenever we'd hang out. For us, our best means of relaxation is to talk nonstop since we never ever run out of things to talk about. A reasonable amount of time was spent on discussing trivial stuff about let's say, backstabbing other friends, school, her hilarious exposure trips, my misadventures, clothes and fashion and of course, our common limiting factor: BOYS. Because you see, Kara and I belong to the rare breed of girlfriend material, eerrrr, type of girls. We consider ourselves a premium, a luxury item in the world of promiscuity and endless flirtatious escapades that are abound today. Ha ha. :D

And I have to say, I really learned a lot from her. Quite a surprise really, because she hasn't actually experienced the torment of having to be in a relationship where bliss is definitely and sourly lacking, unlike me. The way she talked about her 'realization' of things and the tips coming from her other girl friends made me also understand how to further device a strategy that can help me maturely handle my current predicament.

According to her (and of course we share this painful familiarity of having to deal with jerks and well, more jerks), she's been told that guys aren't really that complicated. They don't exist just to mess up the feminine psyche, moreover, play their game. Perhaps at a certain level of being an ass, only a select few of the guy species do find a sense of satisfaction in playing around and in fact just stick to that kind of lifestyle.

But the point is, in general, if a guy doesn't like you he won't likely pursue ways to show you any motives - he won't text, he won't call, he won't message you. In short, he won't exert effort when there is no physical presence.


That's why it's so deadly to assume. False signs are a totally different thing but learn to read the basics - if he doesn't do any of the above and just happens to flirt with you whenever you're in a group, then sorry to burst your bubble, but nothing's there. There has to be consistency, sincerity and utmost clarity of hints. Otherwise, then it's just plain nothing. They are not that twisted. They have a hard time telling a girl who they like of their feelings, but it sure is easy for them to show no intentions to someone they are not attracted to. Or maybe. Exceptional cases point to too much niceness - that they tend to blurt out mixed signals. So there. Whatever.

For whatever matter, we have to stop making reasons for them just because...

We think that there's something, somewhere out there. I mean, c'mon, he decides what moves to use in order to charm you. If he wants a girl that bad, he won't have to make her think of all sorts of bizarre reasons because he keeps her impatient and waiting. We have to stop using the phrases: maybe he's busy or he has no load or he has a lot to deal with. They should be willing to share those things no matter how small. They have to make time in order to establish consistency. Because really now, they'd explain it if they want to wipe their slate clean. If not, it just goes to show that they don't care about how you feel or if it's minus the pogi points. Ergo, they don't like you, or they don't like you that much.

They'll tell you what they want. What they really, really really want. I mean, the phenomenon of torpe-ness aside.

...

So. After the whole talk over Peach and Berries Sundae and Mango con Hielo, I could attest to the fact that I learn so much from my friends. And now that I personally have a new outlook on this matter, I have to continue playing it cool as I have for the past few days. If things happen, then let them.

Love.<3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey loveeeee.

Man, you have really long debate-vocab laden entries. Anyway, you are a precious gem (naks!), and I honestly believe that you do belong to that rare breed of girlfriends who know how to take care of their men and themselves as well (I am the founder and president of course. HAHA!).

Anyway, fyi, I will be in school starting Monday. We have to make up!