Sunday, May 11, 2008

This one's for you mom.


Happy Mother's Day mom. :)

It's that time in May when things just take a turn and hopefully become interesting underneath a pile of crap.

I'm already 19. As much as I would pretend to be independently capable of conquering my teenage angst for life, I know that I wouldn't come such a long way if it weren't for my family, for my parents. No matter how much events in the past attempted to screw things up, what's important is that we remained stronger and better in the end. I feel so blessed for having such a wonderful family, all with its small yet perfect imperfections, because they truly make me who I am.

And of course. I wouldn't be the lady who I am today if it weren't for my mom. Despite loathing her ability to catch me off guard when telling my most unscrupulous lie, I love the way she has molded me into who I am today.

Here are a few things why our relationship is as solid as a diamond, as clear as a crystal and as precious as a gem. (HAHA)

*We love to go shopping together, even if it means rendering my fatherdearest broke. (Then again, which mother-daughter tandem doesn't?)
*My love for politics and debate erupted from this woman. - Simply a woman of principle and critique, she never fails to be up to date with the latest Congress hearing and all that mud in the world of dirty politics. She always reminds being apathetic about our country's situation is as grave as participating in a money laundering act and under the table corruption.
*We love to experiment with food and cooking. - That's why she sometimes lets me do the cooking on special occasions like Christmas, New Year's eve and small family gatherings. We leaf through cookbooks, watch cooking shows in exotic channels and try out different restaurants to get tips! (Thank you dad for religiously making fun of my carbonara. HAHAHA.)
*She has an amazing radar which rightfully detects all my booboos. - Need I say more?
*She's the only person who can talk as much as I can. - I learned from the best. :)
*We loooove traveling even if my dad hates it. That's why we always conspire to ambush him and force him to make plans.
*She's the only person who can convince my dad to buy me things. - LOVE IT. :p
*She has a really cool collection of books, especially the classics of Charles Dickens and looots of other condensation novels. - Of course, this is automatically passed down to me. *GRIN*
*She just doesn't understand my sense of fashion.
*She HATES that I'm FAT.
*She introduced my to reel classics - Casablanca, Wizard of Oz and James Dean films; the amazing Manhattan Transfer singing group, Sting and Lisa Stansfield; the amazing healing powers of jazz and the immortal influence of CNN, BBC and Cspan. :))
*
She's so paranoid but has now learned to let loose. I can stay out as long as I want, not that I have to because I usually don't.
*She admonishes my uncontrollable spending habits.
*She lets me shell out cash on salon appointments. :))

And a hell lot more. For now, I must sleep. Big day tomorrow. :)

No comments: