Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ultrasound.

DISCLAIMER: Things can get nasty.

Yesterday was one of the most tiring yet most fun day of my life. Aside from spending the entirety of it with my mom, I got to bond with both my parents somewhere other than home. Though I would like to skip some parts of it, those were the particular stuff that made the day rather eventful.

My day started in Medical City, in Starbucks where I actually convinced my mom to drink coffee with me (well okay, not quite. She wasn't allowed to take in anything because she was about to have her checkup so she watched my gulp down my Caramel Macchiato instead) and then a flood of unwelcome (at first) information was brought up concerning family, family and more family. All I could say is, someone HAS GOT TO PAY.

It could be you. *evil laugh*

After which I proceeded to the reason why I was there in the first place - to have my check up because I haven't had my period for a whopping 5 months. (YES I KNOW.) But don't worry. If I were pregnant, I wouldn't have the guts to even go see a doctor - with my mom. So you know I'm not doing anything bad and dirty. I was just worried about having to manifest the wrong signs: weight gain, break outs, PMS and overly unstable emotions - all supposedly pointing to the regular mentrual cycle but without the red stuff? Perhaps it's the imbalanced hormones at the very least. But I don't know for sure.

That's why I decided to consult with an Ob-Gyne. The funny thing was that after her short interrogation, I was supposed to be examined via transrectal ultrasound. Now I know it sounds fairly innocent especially if you're as ignorant as me but can I just say that I've never experienced something more unpleasant or horrid as that?! Never mind the oggling middle-aged pregnant women who were there thinking like I was some kind of naughty kid who was about to have an unwanted pregnancy. There was so much more than what I expected.

Okay so I had to wear a gown (hahaha, notice how I managed to take a wacky picture inside the bathroom.), take off my pants and proceed to this semi-freaky room full of gossiping [Ateneo] interns and pretty female doctors (THANK GOOODNESS). And then I had to lie down, take my underwear off and BAM. Show them my treasure box. WOOOOOOT. Not only that, my lying position didn't make things any better since I looked like I was actually about to give birth (with bright lights underneath and sheets covering my legs which did little to conceal the extreme exposure).


AACK. So fashion. :))

AND THEN. The intern asked me: Is it your first time? At the back of my mind I thought, Of course bitch it's my first time. Hahahaha. Why else would I act so nervous and freaked out?

Then she smiled and said, Don't worry. We do this to even to kids all the time.

RIIIIGHT.

Fo shizzle. Now let's get this over with.

True enough, I saw the device that they were to stick up in my a**. It looked like a ****s, only slimmer and longer complete with a rubber that very much resembled a condom and a lube to help it slip through.

BOY. Those were the longest 5 minutes of my life. It felt kinda painful particularly cos I could feel the doctor twisting the thing in order to get a clearer view of my system. I could just care less for whatever they saw in there as long as they pull it out and just finish it. GAAAAAHHH.

So anyway. I'm getting the results next week. I hope it's nothing serious - just pills to help me lose weight and maintain a clearer skin. I know even if it's a bad thing to have an irregular period, I will reap the benefits of drinking birth control afterwards. On the other hand, if it requires going under the knife (which I haven't experienced EVER), then...

HOMY. :(( Please pray for me.

More to the day. :) The more fun part was having lunch with my mom and dad at my dad's office in Meralco. He treated us to Substation, this newly built restaurant beside their canteen. Food was quite good. And then after that my mom went with me to Galle to help me buy shoes but to no avail! Service was bad in that mall! Whatever happened to it?

Then we headed to SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission) to get financials for my Marketing group. Went back to Meralco afterwards and grabbed buffet dinner in Megamall because we had to wait until coding was over.


I grew up watching these gigantic fish in the pond in Meralco. :)

Then my Thai neighbor threw a party.

Imagine the tons of food I was ablet to chug in one day. :)

WAAAW. So that's it. I should go back to my paperS now. <3>

2 comments:

Ria said...

wow. 5 months. what have you been doing, dear? haha.

that check up must've been really weird. no orgasmic reactions at all? HAHAHHAHHA.

Daryll said...

GAGA. :)) I've been a really good girl.

Dude, I don't even get why anal sex is pleasant. AT ALL.