Sunday, June 15, 2008

iDebate.

Yesterday was Friday the 13th yet it was really totally awesome. Today was just as exhilarating. Talk about spending time with my loves from work both present and former: Sanggu and Paulinian Debate. WEEE. <3>

But let's talk about the latter since I have been out of St. Paul's hallowed halls for more than two years already! Just going back there to see young and fresh faces (though not that eager) to teach the rudiments of debate to was really ass-kicking. I mean, whenever we'd have seminars and talks in HS, I already imagined myself being one of the alumni speakers - you know with the credentials, the sophisticated kolehiyala fashion, the radiance of a true Paulinian and all. And now that it just happened, I just can't seem to get over it. HAHAHA.

I even had a boo-boo when I mistook my topic for my presentation. HOWELL. Good thing I brought my laptop with me - I made the powerpoint presentation about Town Hall and Oregon Oxford right then and there. Woooah. I feel guilty for not being able to come up with sufficient input since everything came from the top of my head. But anyway.

I realized that my passion for debate has never wavered. It's like I'm still stuck in a tournament and I haven't even winced. RAAAWR. I miss it so much that I actually feel bad for not having the chance of doing it anymore - unlike Mina. Solid as ever. She's been one of the debaters who I admire so much (aside from Glenn, Leloy, Chars, Sharms, Danni, Jojo, Alvin and Luigi of course. HAHAHA.;p) and I'm proud of her - being the pioneer Senior team who really got us exposed to everything that's debate.

Check these out, they even had jackets made for us. We've always always wanted one - and never got on with it after... 3 years? Haha.


Flaunting off the iDebate jacket, courtesy of the SPCP Debate Society '08-'09. :)

I also had a blast touring my old HS - OH THE NOSTALGIA of it. It looks pretty much the same but there were a lot of renovations done so it looks slightly different. But it still looks like home to me. :) I even saw the old manongs and ates I used to see as part of the staff of the IMC, the canteen, even kuya driver! I MISS HIGH SCHOOL! Gawd I'm old. Haha.


Home is where the heart is. <3

I just wish that this batch of debaters will be enthusiastic and dedicated enough for them to experience what we had in HS. I'm considering applying as their coach (think: MOOLAAAH - oooh la la) and maybe train with them once a month (like HEAVY) or a few small after class meetings. So long as I have a ride and I don't have to compromise any other activity. YEAAAHHMEEEN.

But before that, it's back to reality once again (I have to stop watching chick flicks now - I've already watched two - and crying my ass to sore). HELLO WORK. I'm super psyched! First week was already a tad bit stressful. Nonetheless, it it game face on. :D

Expect more politically-related posts and more essays in the blog. ;p
And oh, I hope the L A K E R S win tomorrow. YIPEE. <3

Happy Father's day Dad. :)

No comments: