Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Colourful palette.


The Arts.
To the new school year ahead. :)

Today was my first day of class as a Junior. Yaay. Hello, upper class man life.

But if there's one thing that I've understood about being part of the 'upper' class, it's not about the prestige or the bullying advantage. In fact it's not even a privilege - especially when you get to enjoy the suckiest class schedules there are on earth. Hello, 6-hour breaks and one-class days. HELLO.

Well, it's partly my fault for wanting to become part of a hell of things.

After my pretty stress-free morning, I had class for 3 hours. By this time I was feeling a bit woozy due to the lack of sleep last night. So even if I was so psyched to get to my first class, I barely understood what my British CS teacher (Dr. Truscott) was candidly saying or the students that my Philo teacher (Doc. Garcia) was poking fun at. Hoooray. Good job.

Anyway.
I've been wanting to get myself involved in some form of artistic expression for quite sometime now. Simply put, I want to go back to some tidbits of my former lifestyle - when creative writing, public speaking, singing and dancing were all just a breeze.

Now, instead of those I have a shitload of Marketing and IT related stuff to study. Thank God for my core subjects - they fairly compensate. Even Trix and I agreed that we'll never get to dance again now that we're in college. (This was randomly remarked while watching a dance intermission by CADs during OrSem.) Unless of course, we wake up one day and decide to try out and eventually get accepted. But you know, chances are fat and greasy.

Apart from that, I've been wanting to pore on my usual overdose of books already. It's that time of the year when I've done all shopping for clothes and stuff (when you can't actually shop for enough) and you just want to spend an month's worth of allowance on those really really really great books. The classics - Persuasion and Emma by Jane Austen, fiction and drama like Twilight, Gossip Girl, The Kite Runner, more PAOLO COELHO books and gaaaah! I can make a shopping list in my mind already. I was even up all night last Sunday finishing my last copy of the Shopaholic series and it was super refreshing to just bury my nose in a book again.

I even want to start reading Gossip Girl even if I've finished watching the first season already. I'm just curious about how exaggerated the alterations are and if the series was still consistent with the plot.

[Well whatever happens, Chuck Bass is such as ASS.] HAHA.

GOODNESS. Unfortunately, I have to give up on my reading and writing time to make way for some serious career-related stress.

I guess those books just better hang on to their racks and wait for me the next time I hit the my bookstore haven.

Tata! <3


No comments: