Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I now suck at the one sport that I truly love.



Freshman year wearing my volleyball uniform.

It's been a long time since I actually had time to spare and do things for myself. Today seemed like a pretty good opportunity to grab it so I did. But now there's this part of me wishing I hadn't.

Every sport needs training and practice to maintain the skills. Volleyball is no different. I've been playing it since I was nine years old yet my enthusiasm for the sport can't even get me to qualify for a college level varsity team. I never had consistent trainings anyway. I just play during the summer, and a bit within a school year. So I fare on the more than a beginner yet less than a pro level. Quite good but not good enough.

And so today, since I wasn't really doing anything - wow that's something new - I decided to bring my athletic outfit, hit the covered courts and burn some calories. I was so giddy and jumpy because I haven't played for quite some time now. But I was so flabbergasted that the entire afternoon turned out to be a complete disaster, all because I figured that I didn't know how to play anymore. And had I anymore shame, I wouldn't have come to practice. :( Yes, it was that bad.

Aside from not knowing almost half the people in the club, I never really got to enjoy the game like I used to. I-hate-it. Where is the friggin' ball when I need it??? >.< Oh well. Maybe I should star practicing more often if I don't want to feel this low.:(

No comments: