Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Coollaaaappseee.

After a few failed attempts to construct a new entry here in my blog, I thereby declare that I am now in the mood. :)

It continues to amaze me how my stamina manages to endure all the stress that this academic setting is thrusting upon me. Today is my second day to brave school without any decent amounts of sleep (2 hours total) and I wasn't out drinking or partying those two precious sleepless nights away. Sunday night I had to do a final paper and last night was a bloody sleepover for a group report which supposedly contributes 20% to our final grade. Waaaheeeewaaaa. Talk about academic euphoria. If you guys want to be this hectic and this immersed in school (like nonstop since the start of this semester) go to Ateneo and be a Management student. Yaaay.

Sarcasm aside. After a 3 hour sleepfest here in Matteo (whose hallowed halls my laptop and I have been growing fonder as days go by due to the internet connection), I started taking out my planner to schedule the rest of my month. Yes, my birth month. At the end of this month I will really really really get some. :)) Anyway, as I was crossing out things to do, I realized that I was also starting to label dates with more stuff and more meetings to attend to. So you can see why the rest of the remaining weeks are just going to be fine and dandy.

Three consecutive entries here have been filled with nothing but rants and breakdowns because of stress. Now let me make it up to you by commenting on the recent outrage in Bb. Pilipinas.

When I first watched the video, which was so eagerly sent to me by Laine, I burst out laughing. I was crying curses out loud because I didn't know if it were more of the hilarious or the annoying side. But, hoooo myyyyy Gooodd. I'm sooooo sorry. I am just so disappointed with the organizers of the pageant right now.

While it is extremely amusing to witness such a feat, I am sincerely frustrated with how Bb. Pilipinas, with all its credibility and honor, could ever showcase such a deafening insult. Clearly, they justified the misconceptions of having beauty as a main stereotype in the society. The girl was pretty, I won't contest that. But brains? Which part in her vital statistics did she insert it? It was a great piece of comic entertainment mind you. However, to crown that girl as Bb. Pilipinas (meaning she embodies the true Filipina) and to make her the representative to international pageants is just sooooo wrong. I'm sure there were other ladies among the contestants who deserved the crown more than she did, and would've spoken more eloquently at that.

Oh well. I guess that's just the way things are right now. You become popular by being a deviant or more so, you become the next beauty queen by answering the q&a portion with confidence, just plain confidence (and not straight or even decent English). She should have just used our native language rather than trying to own up something that she couldn't do. Other contestants in international beauty pageants even rely on their translators. Being proud of the native tongue would have certainly made her earn more respect from the Filipinos.

Here's that momentous act of glory.

So that's my say for now. I will now continue to traipse the shards of glass prickling the soles of my feet. Thank you dear Ateneo. Coffee definitely keeps me alive now. <3>

No comments: