Sunday, July 13, 2008

The perks of cramming. Must be U.B.E.

It's 1 on a Monday morning and I should be most likely sleeping but well, I'm not.

I'm currently making a ygroup for my Program Committee for SOM Week. A task I have delayed long enough for the past week. GAAAH. I hate this. I really do. But well, I've done many a thing not really related to school work and stress over the weekend so it serves me right. I should finish everything within this morning. HAHA. :D

On the brighter side, nothing beats relaxing and patching broken relationships within a span of two days. It all began last Wednesday when I ran across my good friend Rica and she introduced the meaning of U.B.E. to me.

For those who don't know (and a loser like me, who found out only now) UBE means the Ultimate Bonding Experience. I know right. It's a kind of jargon used for orgs, org activities and most commonly by friends. It's been around for like forever and I'm one of the last to find out! Hahaha. Let's say for example, I'm going out with my friends this weekend because we haven't had an opportunity to have an UBE for the longest time. YAAAY. Alchemy here we come. <3

Friday
-
I was having a really bad Thursday evening until Teptep asked me if I could sleepover in her place for an ultimate UBE time and a girls-only-night-out on Friday. I wasn't able to ask my parents though seeing that we had this huge rift caused by their temporary insanity/paranoia with me apparently being pregnant and cranky (yikes, long story) at home and not being open to them yadayada. LALALALA. But anyway. I told Tep I'd make it up to her by asking her to dinner which she glady agreed to. So off we went. Oh it was love. Japanese food galore in Kamirori, ice cream, Centerstage and margaritas! :)


Some lesbo action in Cantina. :D

My parents and I also had a huge heart to heart talk on the way home. So that was eventually settled. *WHEW*. I guess I'm looking forward to a new and improved loving relationship with my parents. (Not that I need one. It was okay until their end got messed up. HAHAHA)

Saturday -
I had the usual Saturday routine only that I had to stay longer in school because I had to attend a seminar on Advertising and Promotions. It was quite good actually. I just wished that my groupmates in the GD was more enthusiastic about selling a Durian-based toothpaste. HAHAHA. Go Dur-YUUUM. Good job Vernes. :)


With my wii buddies. :)


Then Reg texted me asking if I was game for an inuman session at Jo's house. Something random that I was actually excited about. I had to go out really late because I fell asleep until like 9 in the evening. After that, it was liempo, pizza, BAILEY's (which I now know how to make using a simple mix of stuff) and chips.

And of course, the highlight of the night: Wii Sports. HAHAHAHA :) I could just stay at Jo's house playing games forever!!!


Sunday -
Because I stayed up really late the previous night (I lurked around and watched tv with my bro), I woke up really late the next morning upon finding out that we were going to have a Santillan clan lunch at the newly-renovated house that my Tito used to own (which we bought and technically belongs to us now). I had to make salad and break my supposedly underway diet. HONOES. I'm really gaining some serious weight. :|


My titas making chismis and my lola... err.

It was an afternoon of revelations and happy chitchats: plus inihaw, salad, the usuals and ice cream. There's gonna be another one when the whole family will confront my lolo about his drinking problem and a send-off for my tito and his family who're now migrating to the States. :)

See? Nothing here says anything about school work and whatnot. And I have to panic at this point because first pass for Marketing is in a few days and I still have papers and a loooot more to do.


No comments: