Sunday, July 06, 2008

Making love to bootay music.

The past few days working like a maniac had finally paid off. I managed to book a quick fix relax weekend for myself with just me and me alone (well not entirely, with a few TV shows and a winning basketball game - HA HA HA to keep me company).


A Trying Hard New Do for My Writing Space

Okay. When I read the recent update of Blogspot about its customized features for blog layouts, I immediately had the urge to experiment with mine and ended up rendering it injustice by putting too much vanity on my site. And worse - the photos were edited using paint. HAHAHA. Bulok. Sorry I don't have Photoshop installed in my laptop yet. (Seeing that it's gonna say bye bye anytime soon, yes it's almost crashing.) It's just so... pink and unglamorous compared to the last one. I actually tried resorting to my ever reliable Blogskins but something about the skin I chose didn't allow me to publish it because of a defunct code in the html. :s So I'm quite stuck with this for the rest of the week unless I find the time to work on it. But with Marketing and Pol. Sci. lurking around, I think I'm gonna sport this lame, unhappy and un- me blog for a while.



School work + Australs + WORK = LALALALove

Okay this should be nice of me considering how slaughtering the past week was (with the legendary 9 papers [SHOOTS I have to make 6 this week] and the CS Microsoft counterbid presentation) and everything else that's been going on (SOM Week meeting, SB Plenary, ASCC training, etc.), can I just say WHEW?! I'm lucky enough to have come out alive. I was under a lot of stress until late Friday - when I actually had the chance to watch a play and attend the earlier part of Mon's birthday inuman. :D


Australs turned out to be SO COOL. Kate and I are in charge of the 'dirty work' but working behind the scenes is actually kind of fun. We get to eat the buffet food (although can I just say I'm never eating pasta with anchovies ever again) and drink fancy lemonade and tag along with the contestants. I even saw Luigi (former coach and adj) there and he still remembered me! I also saw Alvin (former coach) and Dino (former Claret friend from NAsH) who were both competing for UP D and DLSU, respectively. There were lots of Aussies (the most who caught my attention coming from invincible Monash and Bond) from Monash, Melbourne and Sydney plus people from Korea, China, Singapore, Kenya and India... Watching the round about problem gamblers having their welfare payments suspended was waaaaay cool and engrossing.


My Australs ID. :)


Work is now piling up - my JTA accomplice for the manual is still having her finals so I really can't make her do anything yet. Plus meetings for SOM Week, the primer as well as JEEP and other APO concerns. HONOES. Sanggu duty avalanche! I'm planning to either join IAC or enroll in the gym to ideally burn the remaining untouched calories during my free time. But free time? What's that? I barely even see my friends! Hahahaha.

Friends and Events! <3

Speaking of friends, Cort mentioned something about a Core movie since he wanted to watch Wanted (and yes, Ria I'll remind him) but instead of that, I told everyone that we'll go to the Blue Babble event in Ocean Park this Saturday. Am I the only one excited about this? I haven't been there and I've been wanting to go there for sooooo long (despite all the nasty stuff I've heard) and befriend the fish! Plus there will be booths, concerts and potentially fun stuff. Hahaha. I can't wait! :D


Staying put at home today meant I wasn't able to watch the big game... live. I wasn't supposed to watch even, since I had to go to Australs and help out. But since Katie was absent, I immediately took a leave of my own to just rest and destress for the coming week. Man, I had tickets at the palm of my hands the other day, had I known that I'd be able to watch the much awaited Ateneo - La Salle game. I kept an eye on every offesive rebound, every foul, every shot and every jeer and cheer from the crowd even if I was watching on tv. AND HELL YEAH it was victory on the Eagles' side! WOOOHOOO. I LOVE CHRIS TIU!





My hero. :D


Unwind

I now introduce a new item in my blog (will mount this on the side bar once I've finished the layout) called my lust list. It's basically a list of items I've been eyeing on and wanting to buy or some random feelings about certain people, things and events that I'm currently feeling and can't let go of.

Once ticked off, it means: I've bought them (orange), realized they're not worth it and found something better (purple), I've said them out loud (red) and I've forgotten about it (blue).

YAAAY. Here goes:

LUST LIST as of 07.05.08 (disclaimer: hindi to kagaya ng kababawan na pinopost niya)
Rule: Can be anything random as long as not school and stress-related!


1. A MAC cheek shimmer (in rosy pink)
2. My forever wanted D&G Blue perfume / Moschino Funny scent
3. Pink cuddly earphones (from Sony/Apple) - from Otis Yahoo! (cheapipay from CD-R King. HAHAHA.)
4. My current addiction: STAEDTLER FELT PENS OF DIFFERENT COLORS!
5. The Dorothy Perkins pink and gray tank collection
6. Silver flat slip ons from VNC
7. Top, hoodie and vest - from any store
8. Colored leggings! :) - from Babo (saw some in Rockwell!)
9. Fuzzy wires for my cork board
10. PINK and white toy watch - HAHAHA
11. Accessories
12. Jane Austen classics
13. Seventeen magazine (and maybe I should invest in something more mature like Preview [thanks Katie] maybe? Or Marie Claire? Or Philippine Tatler? [ASA. I hate that stupid mag])
14. Dresses! :)
15. CINDERELLA The Musical (starring Lea Salonga) - we're getting Lower Box seats! :)
16. OCEAN PARK!
17. Our very own business venture (with HS friends) - Watch out soon! *Wink*
18. Downloadables - HIP HOP funk tunes!
19. Pink CD cases


And honestly, some of the things here I can afford once in a blue moon. So it's either I go bargain-hunting or not eat for like a whole week. Hahaha. But I guess these are just simple rewards for myself for a job well done in a span of one week. ;p My parents (don't spoil me) and) barely have time to take me shopping with the house renovation and all.

Plus some things I'm keeping on the tab - for future plans and just in case. ;p

Till here, ciao. :) I'm off to bed. <3






2 comments:

Jecky said...

"4. My current addiction: STAEDTLER FELT PENS OF DIFFERENT COLORS!"

Da. Hallo! Haha, also try Stabilo pens! pen68 for thicker lines and point 88 for thinner ones, funfun! Haha

Ria said...

why am i not surprised with all the pen addictions and all the pinky stuff? ha ha.

miss you!

and i miss chris tiu! WAHAHHAHAHAHA