Saturday, December 02, 2006

Deck the halls with boughs of holly falalala. --- ugh. I'm becoming the Scrooooooge.


Christmas used to be one of my favorite times in a year.

I guess having said that and putting the 'used to be' phrase operatively, you can surmise that now it doesn't belong to my to-look-forward-to-seasons-the-whole-year-round-list. Not even summer, school year or whatnot occasions.

See? The chills have turned me into a complete pessimist. As a kid, I always loved Christmas because of my usual big heap of presents, the food, the money, the celebration with friends and family and just the happy times. But all that has changed. I guess it is true what they say, it is a rough time growing up.

Being a kid has gratefully deprived me of all the unnecesaary feelings and emotions that a person could feel in one's life. You don't have to deal with the people changing around you, of problems left and right, of having to wake up every morning and realizing that things will never be the same again -- those are the jobs of the teens and adults. An innocent child means that you're just carefree and stupid to make mistakes that are not tantamount to what old people do. Ironic yes, but I'd give anything to go back to that.

[tbc]


No comments: