Sunday, December 10, 2006

Success is the sweetest revenge.


Rockin' party at the ACTM's The Spot @ Absinth GB3

What a weekend. Since I kinda did a hell lot of things, I'm gonna do this per event, starting with the crazy things that I did last Wednesday when I got tipsy at around 4 in the afternoon.

An afternoon with Gui @ Cantina

Okay. First time to meet this guy. He's one of Laine's friends and was there at school to get an app form because he is to transfer next year under a soccer scholarship (from what I know). So we were there at the zen garden just hanging out when he suddenly had this bizaare idea of wanting to drink at Cantina. We all went there (Bon, Laine (who just passed something and followed later), Niko, Gui and I) and settled for a spot outside. Gui ordered 3 bottles of San Mig Light and San Mig Strong Ice and soon, we were chatting, drinking and them smoking the afternoon away. Nothing much. I sat there, really quiet with a bottle of beer and a glass in hand. Then, something about the 'ex dude' came up. Gui happened to know him because of soccer and he actually described him pa. Since I didn't want to talk about him or remember him anymore, so change subject please. Hahaha:) When Laine's ride arrived, we went on our way home. She dropped me off at SM because she was late for her appointment with the derma and I was also hoping to buy some stuff for Friday's event. But due to the headache that the beer gave me, I went home instead.

Mundane Thursday - Tara's surprise 18th birthday party @ Matteo steps

Thursday was not really exciting. Had our ES class as usual (*toot* was there!!!) and had lab canceled because of the mass at Jesu in celebration of the Immaculate Conception the following day. We just stayed at Pancake House during the long break, bummed around and just talked about stuff. When we went back, we had our math class which was usually long and tiring. After that, we all went to the Matteo steps for the little surprise thing for Tara. We had cake and Juzi Juz (her favorite) and then Cort and I were lazy to attend PE 101 so I just went straight to the cov courts to hang out. Surprisingly, I found out that he (*toot*) was under the PE class of my coach. I was shocked to see him there while talking to Coach Rodelle about the plans for that afternoon. Well, at least it made the afternoon more fun and exciting because he was there, playing basketball and looking soooooooo hot. Ohhhweee! Hahahaha!:) Me and my fantasies.:D

Friday blast. I'm speechless.

Flag Football Clinic

I woke up rather late at Friday morning because I had to stay up to talk to someone on the phone. (Yea. Guessed it right) I was running late for the Flag Football Clinic and I became really behind time because he wanted to drop me off at Astra. Althought I'm completely oblivious as to why he did it or the motive behind it, I found the gesture rather sweet and soooo paasa. Yes. Really. Well anyway, I arrived at Katipunan a little before 2 o'clock and the clinic has started an hour earlier. I went to Ria's dorm who was still having her lunch and who didn't really want to go flag football-ing. It took me a couple of minutes to convince her and even had to switch shorts with her because she was wearing board shorts --- no one does athletic stuff with those on. So after that, we finally went to the Bell field and found everbody else doing drills and passes. One of the coaches made us warm up and stretch and then we were off to the basics.
Here's a couple of the new stuff that I learned:

1. Cut - the thing that you do when you run towards someone and you want to deceive your opponent to get pass him or for him not to deflag you if ever you're carrying the ball.
2. QB - means quarterback. Hahaha:)
3. Routes - basically in, out, post and flag. Hard to explain in words.
4. Some of the players' positions/roles and a hell lot of complicated mechanics of the game.

So there. After a short and fun game (with Laine selling us out and making us lose. Kidding sis:)), we were off to freshen ourselves up and hit Absinth.

ACTM's The Spot at Absinth, GB3

The highlight of the day was yet to happen. The five of us (Ria, Laine, Niko, Mico and I) went on our way to Greenbelt. I was making them hurry up because I didn't want to be late for the contest which I was in. They swore to kill me if we came as the early birds. Unfortunately, we did arrive there as the first ones. They didn't really kill me because we then had ample time to have dinner because we were all starving. Niko had just gone to the gym and us girls were worn out due to flag football. We dined at Krocodile Grille. The food was really yummy and since I was with health buffs, they were also nutritious. After that, we prepped up and went to Absinth. The program was a little sucky at first. We were expecting a lot of people but since it was still early, the place was kind bare and empty. We were there hanging out until the free drinks came --- the night's sponsor was Bacardi. Yeah.:) Then up until I was interviewed and paired up with a certain someone --- all hail me, a jerk magnet --- we just stayed put and waited for the contest. The contest turned out to be lame, well, far less exciting than what we were expecting. *I was asked to market myself as a birth control pill to JV and I ended up doing well. Except that I seduced a gay guy. Hahaha:)* At least I thought that I got in for free because of that game. Hahaha:D Then, the auction started. No one really wanted to bid on the most expensive stuff like the Macbook and the Sony whatever. The Seniors even went all out because Sir Ally Yap, the Comtech Program Director was there, and he put on a one week delay in their thesis deadline to auction. I think the highest was 7k. Then, the bartender performed some of his moves. He even broke a lot of bottles but he couldn't care less. Of course, the night was sizzled up by our beloved Migs Escueta! But then again, I hate him for playing Yellow as his first song. It made me cry on the spot. Arrrgh! Hmmm. But I'll let it pass because he's really hooot and I just fall head over heels with the way he sings. Wooohoo! He even played Mr. Brightside. After that, everyone just loved that song. So the night when on, I got a little too overboard with the bacardi so I was tipsy. I kinda 'flirted' with a guy (or was it the other way around?) and I hate myself for doing it. Erase erase ease. Just a bad memory. I'll deal with it if I bump into him at school or something. The DJ sucked big time but nonetheless, my friends and I partied the night away. I missed the sleepover because my parents didn't allow me to go. Haaay. So I went home at around 1 am. Immersion was yet to happen the next day.

Tahanang Walang Hagdan: First Immersion

So much for the hangover the next day. Everyone was teasing me about the Denis dude and I got really pissed. But that aside, we all boarded our jeepney and everyone was really sabaw at the start of the immersion. (Ooooh. I even saw *toot* - the other guy there)Hahaha. When we got there, the kids gathered around. We got the privilege to pick one. Luckily, we were able to pick an older kid who didn't give us a hard time with the activity. She was an honor student, was good at singing, played badminton, liked Math and English and pretty much a role model: like the three of us. Hahaha:) Laine, Ria and I just clapped our hands while she made her work of art which was a Christmas card with Winnie the Pooh as the Santa. Hahaha:) Fun! On our way back to Ateneo, the kasabawan vanished and we sang songs: from the 80's to the most recent hits. It was really fun. Jamming super.

Something happened when we arrived at Fruit Magic to eat lunch. It was enough to ruin the helluvah weekend that I was having. But then, I don't know. For the first time in so many months, I just didn't want to care.

'How do you heal the pain that just doesn't stop hurting?' -OTH

Wait for me. I'll be the greatest thing you could've had.

Excited to death for the coming days.:)



No comments: