Sunday, December 31, 2006

After everything this year, this is the way to end it. My 223rd post and the last for 2006.

Embrace life with me.

(Past week adventures to follow)

It's been one hell of a year, I must say. Honestly, it doesn't really feel like the year's about to take its last flight tonight. I don't know. Maybe it's just become another part of me with all the letting go that I have been doing. So I guess for me, it's not a big deal anymore.

So let me see, as far as I can remember, I was having so much fun ever since I entered and finished Senior year. And then what?

This year had taken almost all the most important hallmarks in my 17 years of living.
2006 was when I...

~ full blasted the last months of my Senior year.
~ got brought to the CSA Juniors' Prom. - the first and last prom of my life.
~ was with someone on Valentine's and my 17th birthday.
~ hosted a post graduation and birthday house party with school friends and barakda
~ passed Ateneo, UST and La Salle
~ chose Ateneo for my college
~ graduated with flying colors
~ felt happy because of how my family patched things up
~ had one of the most memorable activities with the Youth
~ was very active in parish duties
~ had one of the most fun summer getaways
~ had my hosting, writing, debating and everything career taken to another level
~ took risks and became daring in life's challenges
~ handled responsibilities more maturely
~ HAD THE BEST SUMMER EVER.
~ lost one of my important gifts.
~ entered college in The Ateneo.
~ imbued the whole sense of being an Atenista
~ found my new set of friends
~ experienced more than heartbreaking and life-changing circumstances
~ LIVED LIFE AT ITS BEST. - as always.:)

Furthermore, I felt everything in my life grow as the year came to its end. I can't believe I'm turning 18 in 2007! OMG!

So tonight, as 2007 unravels to give me a whole new life to look forward to, I want to take the chance to have a last glance at everything that has happened and be thankful for what has been given. Truly, everything was just worth it, regardless of the joy and the pain that it caused.

Like I said in my past entry, nothing is not what it seemed to be. But that's not a bad thing. We just have to learn to live with everything and make the best out of it. Right? So, I now face
another chapter with a huge grin on my face; no regrets about my past, no bitter and hurt feelings. I may have to take time on all the letting go because of the heartache thing, but I can do it. After all, I believe that someone and something great is out there waiting for me.

Now, I can finally say that you guys can come and celebrate life with me.:)

No comments: