Monday, December 31, 2007

My Year Ender.

The weather is so fickle minded. I'm here typing away by the window and every time I glance outside, the sky seems to give another moody hue. I thought it was seriously going to rain water and thunder on New Year's Eve instead of fireworks and bang-bangs. Now I think otherwise. :D At least.

It's the end of yet another year. I have more or less accomplished my things to do due to the lack of vacation getaways this week - my room looks fuller than ever, the gift wraps have been put away and Missy Me is looking forward to the New Year ahead. I'm finishing this collage for my room and after which, I am off to perform my usual holiday tasks. (Although for some reason, my mom doesn't want us to cook food. We should buy food for tonight instead. Yaaay.)

Well, what can I say? I thought last year was a really happy year. My spirit was soaring so high I thought I'd never settle down. But I was so so so wrong. I was definitely lost during that part. What's great about it is that I never even noticed until a series of events took place this year. I was right in saying that this year did have a lot in store for me. Heck, it was better.

I turned 18 and so did my other friends. I started to take in more responsibility than the usual; more work yet more fun. I met a lot of great people while in the workplace and I braved a lot of obnoxious struggles standing in the way. I am just aware that I came to know the truer meaning of happiness and fulfillment this year, as opposed to what I thought they were last year. Let's just say I was sort of in a false trance then. It was certainly euphoria redefined.

With that said, I would like to put everything in its rightful retrospect.

I have a penchant for reminiscing - for looking back on the things that were, on the year that was and the me that used to be. This year is definitely worth being nostalgic about. The people that I met, the things I accomplished and the experiences of a lifetime made it earn a spot in my big hits.:D

The future seems quite bleak. Well, not really but it is uncertain. I'm afraid of letting my youthful freedom go since I only have one more year as a teen left (kudos to my friends who are turning 20 already. Hahahaha.;p). But that's not gonna happen for 3 months.:) Ima be my good new self until then.

I love everything about 2007. It became an avenue for a lot of opportunities for me and for my loved ones, not only in terms of material things or stuff related to career, but also in terms of opening up and building new relationships that are surely bound to last for more than a lifetime. As I leave this remarkable journey behind and as I stand awaiting what the great future is about to bring, I would like to wish everyone good luck and more blessings from the Almighty. I hope everyone had his own share of the Good Life this year.


This sums up my entire year: take the plunge. Happy New year guys.:D


No comments: