Wednesday, January 02, 2008

The Year Ahead.:D

It's officially the 2nd day of the year and I am off wreaking havoc and mayhem in my academic life. Seriously now, do you feel like the break was long enough for ample relaxation? I thought so. So before I go back to mustering enough drive to work on this academic quagmire, I have the pleasure to enumerate my own share of resolutions which I hope to keep this year.

1.
Be fit and healthy. Dream on sister. We are aiming for hardcore Bora body at this pace. There is no time for being lax and lenient when it comes to food consumption. My bf and I actually devised this simple diet strategy that we have to follow, at our own expense. Thrilling part of the bargain? Nothing really. It would just be nice to flaunt hot bodies other than fat for a change. Hahahaha.:D

2.
Focus. Now this has to apply to every tiny aspect of my life. Focus - in terms of my spiritual life, my relationship with other people like family, friends, co-workers and bf, my academics, work and all my aspirations. I shouldn't be enticed by cheap attempts in luring me to senseless partying and merrymaking. Once in a while is okay but partying too hard has its own costs.

3. Cram-less. No, definitely not after a world record here. There is no sure fire way and no hard and fast rules to totally eliminating this natural phenomena. Everyone does this, no exception. But that's not an excuse to pursue it. So what I can do if not to completely diminish this habit is to lessen it so that I could feel less guilty every time I have to work on something. And since I have so much time to spare by not working the last minute, I can use the time to relax instead. Thus, I won't crash and burn due to overworking.

4. Spend within my means. If there was one thing year that I am not proud of, it would have to be all the spending that I did. I treated cash as way too superficial and too immaterial that I barely gave it value. I succumbed to petty temptations that even I became surprised when all my cash disappeared from my wallet in a typical midweek. I even reached the point when I spent more than 2k bucks in two days. Gaaah. Rank of expenses:
1. Food
2. Clothes
3. School Supplies
4. Other stuff - dvds, accessories, movies, events

So you see, I can still be saved on this part. I just have to lose the unnecessary splurging on dates that aren't scheduled. I have to set my own shopping weekend when I could spend within my designated budget and buy all the things that I want. In that way, I could save up for it and just do it in one major blow. I can also use the extra money that I have to buy things in some, I repeat, some cases of emergency or should I say, the spur of the moment ones.

5. Clean my room. Not that I don't do it. I just have to do it more often. It's like my home inside my home so I have to keep it clean all the time. I won't be able to survive a swamp-like room again otherwise it's Georgia in the Jungle for me. Haha.:p

6. No more cussing. With the right amount of emotions, I could pretty much blurt every bad word out loud. Of course it's something that I'm also not proud of. I shall be more patient and quiet this year and I'll try to control my feelings more. I'm taking my street self into the bins and polish my ms. prim and proper.:)

Finally,

7. Take lotsa pictures. I wasn't able to do this the whole year round because I destroyed (accidentally) my camera after summer break. But since I have a new one, I have no reason not to document every noteworthy event of my life. Of course, I also have to be religiously updating my online accounts so that I could share the moments.:D I also have to finish the collage asap. Haha.

There you have it. Paired with the right angst to combat any external force that can prevent me from pursuing these goals, I believe I could pretty much emerge successful in doing these things.
To the new year ahead!:D

No comments: