Sunday, January 13, 2008

For the love of school and work.

Can I just say that I am eternally pissed because my flash disk is lost? It was just given to me by my dad because I was bugging him to buy a new one. Now it's AWOL along with all the important documents stored in it and whatnot. Gaaah. I hate misplacing stuff. :(

Okay before I go ecstatic once again, I have to say this: it just keeps getting better and better. :D Screw the sucky prelude of the New Year. It had to come to terms eventually. With that said, here's the big news:

1. I am doing so well in school.
2. I'm doing even better because I was offered a position in the Partido Ignacio slate to run as the Junior Exec. Rep in this year's election. :)

First off. I just received the papers and the tests which I took last year and I'm happy to say that they have been rather better, if not the best, than my previous works. It's just really satisfying to know that the end results of what I am doing are reflective of the efforts that I put into everything that I do. :D It's not a signal of me being so grade-conscious at this point, but okay it's kinda like that. But you can't help it if you just sit like a duck in a very competitive atmosphere. No one in Ateneo likes being left behind. Magis just debunks the whole point of being mediocre. It just feels good to be the best in a pool of people who are already considered as the best.

Second. After my accounting class yesterday, Flip approached me in the caf and asked me this:

Flip: Hey Da. I'm sorry if this is too informal, but since I have the chance now, I have something to ask you.
Da: Yo Flip. What?
Flip: Will you be willing to run for a higher position in Sanggu, particularly as Exec or CB rep?
Da: Wait. Why me? Are you serious?
Flip: You were the first person who came to my mind while thinking of people to fill up the positions. Personally, I think you'd make a great exec or cb rep.
Da: Is this under Partido Ignacio?
Flip: Yep.
Da: Waaah. Okay sige. But I'll think about which position to run for.
Flip: Yay. Welcome to the slate. You can assess naman based on the projects that you did before kasi diba you did stuff na for CB like the Senate Inquiries? Can you also think of a possible running mate? You know Mark Tan right?
Da: Yup.:D

(blahblahblah)

And after a brief period of discernment, I think I'd stick to SB first before going all-out on CB. So I said yes to running as Exec. Omfg. This is it.:D I am so happy (and flattered and proud) that my co-officers in Sanggu actually acknowledged my potential and gave me a chance to serve more in Sanggu. So it means more work for now.

One more. Congrats to The Core for pulling off a great report in psych. ;p

One last. Neyo's coming to Manila on Feb. 29!:D I love it. My friends and I are going to watch!:D

Last na talaga. :D I now know how to make my very own homemade salsa dip. My parents love it. Hahaha.;D

*pics to follow. something wrong with firefox.


No comments: