Saturday, August 30, 2008

And then the most romantic part of my day was over, just like that.

Dear Santa,

This will probably be weird for you, receiving a letter from a frustrated girl 2 months earlier than the universal time agreement on gift requesting. But since you're the closest thing I can imagine next to a friendly unjdugmental papa figure who's been literally around the world, can I please ask you to be one of my confidantes just this one time? Okay, here goes. Belt out.

Santa, I'm sad and broke and I don't know what to do in the coming week - how the hell I am going to juggle all the things that I'm supposed to accomplish (with utmost excellence) without losing my sanity in the process. All I could think of now is to grab a book, flop down on my bed and READ. And because it's timely I guess, Santa, why does every bookstore have to practically scream Twilight Saga on its window display? Wrong timing for Breaking Dawn to be released this month I guess. Or wrong timing for my hell week to barge in my peaceful string of obsessions. If I may first add to my basket of goodies, I would like to have the complete series of the book please. You can give it to me as a reward since I've been very good at suppressing any urges to forego studying and just read read read. :)

Another thing. So I was sitting on one of the school benches this Friday. This guy whom I haven't talked to for the longest 3 weeks of my life suddenly wanted the attention and decided to call out my name. To... bring up a topic he'd ever so predictably choose in order to save himself the small talk. Why do guys like those Santa? What happened to the witty, smart, awfully good-looking, humble and gentle guys that your factory used to make? Would it be much to ask for one decent guy who'll sweep me off my feet? It's not really pressing Santa, nothing really serious. It would be good to come across a guy like that for a change.

I would also like to have good grades by the end of the semester so everything will finally pay off. Please Santa. It would help me so much to know that all my efforts don't go to waste. My friends and I agreed how much of a challenge Junior year seems to be proving itself. The stress, the cigarettes, the Matteo campouts, the food binging, the lashing out - there can never be enough proofs for this. It would be comforting to know that everything's well-deserved and worth it. I'd like more coffee to go with that, and more will power to resist the smocket as much as I can.

Lastly, my list doesn't really end here Santa. But I hope I can write you again sometime. Because I have more requests. I know I'm sounding like a spoiled inconsiderate brat. But I really think I deserve to have these. LALALALALA.


<3,
Daryll


HAHAHAHA. :)) Okay study away now.

2 comments:

Ria said...

i like this! i want santa too. waha.

Anonymous said...

HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Imagine if Santa were real?? We could ask for anything, no matter how crazy, and he HAS to give it to us!