Monday, August 11, 2008

Today, I let go of the lethargic.

Just so it's final. I would very much want this to be the end of the 2-week long wallowing. :)

This past week was sooo chaotic that I loved every freaking minute of it. INDULGE in fun and work is THE key to escape from that bad jerk hang over. WOAHOAH.

Just a couple of things which made it to my HAPPY and CHILL list:

1. After splurging on a shopping spree in Tiendesitas last weekend, I was so excited to use my clothes and this week happened to be the perfect chance to wear them for err, you know. The usual excuse to prep up the aura and get rid of any bad vibes. HAHAHA. I particularly loved my Friday outfit, the gray cotton vest layered with a white tank, skinny jeans and my white sandals. YOWN. Fresh look Fridays ba? YIPEE. Wala lang. So random yet so liberating. Eh bakit ba?! Hahaha.


So faaab. :)

2. I got to KICK A TRASH BIN. I've been wanting to do this for ages. I know it's a bit psychotic but don't you just find it thrilling to actually allow yourself to feel the high of physically assaulting something? I wanted that something to be someone, but since I have to keep a clean slate and I can't have charges pressed against me, I resorted to lashing out on a trash bin - since it closely resembles every inch of him anyway. WOOT!

3. WORK AND FUN Fridays - as always. I was fortunate enough to attend the first bit of the Intergenerational Ayala Leaders Conference in the morning. The most fun part was spending it with my good friend Mita (who was with her UP-M friends) in the Politics and National Elections parallel session 1 where we got to listen to two interesting speakers from the Office of the Ombudsman (the pioneer himself) and a COMELEC Commissioner. YOWN EH. :p Couldn't stay though since I had to do my theo report in the afternoon.


Born leaders. Heehee. :D

Pulled off my most awaited report in Theo 131 (really worked hard for it the previous night) and treated myself to afternoon delights after. Though we didn't get the grade we wanted, I think we fared enough to deserve what Sir Asis gave us. CoSA PR GA wasn't what you call a flop/success 'cause it was somewhere in between. There was more food than the number of attendees. HAHA. Fun though because it was more intimate and less flashy, plus I know we're kicking it hard: the COSA PR team is now open to serve you! :)


CoSA Public Relations - more than advertising.

Crashed SOSE Launch to visit our Sanggu family late that evening. Free food, planners (c/o Levi's) and of course, Urbandub! I'm not really a fan of the band but since I happen to see them in almost every school event, oh what the heck! I can totally relate to their bitter love songs! :p


SOSEnima: Behind the Scenes with my hot friends.

4. POWERDANCE. Okay SINCERE thanks and acknowledgements to Tep for this, the reason behind our first (and hopefully not the last) Saturday dance class. She was invited to try out and knowing that I had wanted to dance again for so long, she asked me to check it out with her. LO AND BEHOLD - I discovered that I can't dance for shit anymore. My dance moves in both jazz and hiphop were reduced to no more than gyrating/drunken sways from club dancing and those dancing-in-the-shower moments. What's also worse was that I walked out of the studio with a badly bruised ego because of that gay dance instructor, always insisting that I did the wrong thing and making me repeat floor exercises whenever he'd catch me cheating my kick-ball change and front leg stretches.

Dance with me.

Ugh. And hiphop sucked ass. I'm currently obsessing with the song that we were studying so that I can practice the steps and hopefully revive any piece of confidence in me by executing them right. RAWR. Now the dilemma here is whether I should continue with the lessons or not, seeing that it's pretty hard to catch up and be a beginner in every lesson. Tep and I have really hectic scheds and we know for a fact that we can't just subscribe to this as a weekly thing. HOWELL. Let's decide on that next time.

I feel sorry for myself for wanting to correctly perform the exercises so badly that I can barely feel my arms and legs right now. My muscles are aching that I walk like an old lady while climbing up and down a flight of stairs. BOO. :(

5. Got to party again last night and SLEEP the whole day after. ;p Was *coerced* (may I just emphasize that) by Laine to go with her to her brother's new gig in Club Bureau, Antel Lifestyle A-venue. It was almost like a private party because apparently, not a lot of people knew of the place just yet. So we ended up being the early-partiers even if we came at like past 11 (after bingeing in delish Burger Avenue - SEXY BURGERS ROCK.). Steady drinks and sounds plus, we got to chitchat and goof around due to the extra space where we could actually move around.


This is a private partaaay.

Wuhoo. Batangas next week since it's a long weekend. Nothing else to keep up the joooy. I do have lots of stuff to work on now. More papers, midterm exams and readings galore.

Our second pass for Marketing is this Saturday and I hope nothing unexpected happens in those all-nighters again. Harhar. It's not even funny anymore. ;p

And so at the end of the day, what happens now? I know I've been such a girl these past two weeks because I can't seem to get it off my mind. Coming up to friends wanting to get empathizers and talking about him even more of course didn't do the trick (see, I'm just being a girl) so I resolutely and firmly dismiss everything that's occured the past month.

I know it's kind of sayang. And here I am again left to wonder what I could've possibly done for the sudden twist of events (or cessation in particular) to happen, the what-ifs, what could have beens and shit - just like the last time. But I know for whatever it's worth, (most especially since this is strike two already) I can't always wallow and act like the victim. If there's anything I've learned from the last time, it's that I can and will get over this if I allow some time for myself to recuperate. The best part will always be the feeling that I'm gonna get when everything' over - because there will always be better days ahead.

Here's a comic strip of what happened in a nutshell. (Got this from Katie who didn't want to post it in her blog. Hahaha. I love you.)


Haha. Just click to read. :)

Better than the last time.
Better than this.
Better than what was supposed to happen anyway. <3>

No comments: