Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Back in business.

Okay. First few minutes here at the CTC comp lab spent on cleaning my mailbox. The next few minutes will be allotted for devotion to school work. School work. I worship school work.

Mantra before anything else: Studying is fun... Studying is fun... Studying is fun...

Fudge! I'm becoming super frustrated. Waaahh!!!

Okay. Here are some of the few things which are on the list right now.

I kinda have a hangover from the game yesterday. Yes, I know we lost so stop bitching about it. We're not sore losers.

We still don't have electricity at home that's why I'm forced to do my stuff here at school. This makes me less productive because I have a lot of stuff saved in the pc at home which I badly need plus the atmosphere outside the hosue is the least conducive to accomplish all of them.

Hell weeks. Finals, papers and all the deadlines. Fuck!!!

Okay. Start things off.

I still have more or less twenty minutes to waste in making this entry.

The past few days have been whatever. Last week was like a rollercoaster ride. Wednesday was its hallmark because John celebrated his birthday. There was a small inuman session at Cantina. I was forced to walk under the rain (yep, brave it with no umbrella, jacket whatsoever) so that I could get my ass off school and head there. We were discussing a lot of things. I was really depressed then because of the thing --- you know what. And then on the latter part of the evening, when Laine and I were left (from the group which started at five: Mico, Niko, John, Laine and I) we were eating quesadillas when the people inside Cantina were rejoicing because of the suspension of classes on the next day. I knew that it had to be a bad thing because then there was a chance that game two would be postponed. A lot of people thought it would push through but then it didn't so I had to sleep most of the day away. I woke up at midday to find that there was no electricity and the strom was pretty bad so I went back to sleep.

The next day, Friday, the typhoon eventually calmed down and I was stuck at home with nothing much to do because all of my paperworks and stuff need the PC. I was such a bummer because I sat around, trying to read books and review but to no avail. I was praying for a miracle and for somebody to save me from my boredom. Thankfully, my friends came over and asked me to come out, which I gladly did. We just hung out and played volleyball.

The next day, nothing. Laine came over at my hosue so early in the morning to wask me if I was gonna watch the game that afternoon. Apparently, I wasn't aware that the game was moved on that day because other areas of Metro Manila had electricity (unlike us) na. I told her that I'd meet her at Glorietta after lunch. I then had to call on my friends to ask them if they will wacth the game so ang aga-aga we were like nangangapitbahay. Something came up in the afternoon and I didn't get to watch the game. I just found out that we lost,m too bad. But then I thought that it was supposed to be good because I still had the chance to watch the third game.

So ayun. Yesterday, we were at Araneta to exhibit full school spirit. Contrary to what a lot of people thought, we weren't bragging about how we'd win the game. As in sure na. Of course, you go there hoping that you'd bag the title as this season's champ Sino bang may ayaw nun? No one refuses to concede with that.

The atmosphere there was full of excitement and anxiety. School spirit still prevailed after we lost. After all, as an Atenean, I know how to be a good sport. Plus, I love my friends from UST. I'm happy for them. However, it's still a heartbreaking loss because we fought all the way for this season. So people who continue to bitch out there regardless of what school you're from, tama na. Tsaka sa mga nakikisawsaw na hindi naman talaga basketball fans even if you're in it for the 'school spirit' pwede pakitigil? You don't know who you're hurting in the process. Plus I doubt you even feel the way us athletes do. Do you even have a sport??? I thought so. Sorry ah. Di ko na kasi matake eh.

Be careful of what you say. Asserting your opinion is one thing and being considerate of others' feelings is another. So kung tao ka, matamaan ka. Kung Atenista ka, mas lalo kang matamaan. Joke.

Okay lang yun. Everyone knows we fought the good fight. Besides, it's not everyday that you get to beat THE Ateneo.

People know how I really get bitchy when it comes to the things I love. I actually don't put my bitch mode unless it is necessary. Hmmm, I think people may be surprised that I'm talking about this now. Wala lang.

See you next season. Sige na. Aral na ko.

[EDIT] Shout out from my dearest blockmates who are diehard Ateneans:

Ang kapal ng mukha mo. Yun lang.
Makarma ka sana. Hahahahaha=p Oh yeah, what goes around comes around. Whoever trash talks picks up her own trash.

And oh, for the record, each school has its own tinge of bad c rowds whether it be in a UAAP game, school event or whatnot. It's inevitable to have that because of the large population in these respective universities. There are people who, unfortunately, will give a bad reputation to their schools due to the way they act. I do feel sorry for those people, but hey, they're not the only lot that Ateneo can produce. I know you won't contend with that. Like you, they're just expressing how they feel. Walang pakielamanan. You can't make them like the team that you want and vice versa. So, at the end of the day, it all arrives to the fact that all of us are deemed to have our own say with regard to different issues.

Ateneans have hearts. I hope you have one too.

No comments: