Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Rising from the ashes.

If there's one significant thing that's happened today, it would be the moment that took place an hour ago. God really has a peculiar way of putting things together. - next entry:p

Today is Ash Wednesday and is the start of the Lenten Season. For years, I have never failed to fulfill my obligations as a devout Catholic and follower of God. Although there have been changes and a lot of things are putting my faith to the test, I am quite proud that I never let those forces make my faith falter. I feel that my relationship with God is not as close as before; distant in fact, so I am making amends for my shortcomings. I mean, after leaving the Youth Parish Council (which was so not my decision) the lack of responsiveness to God's usual call made me personally incomplete everyday.=(

So Laine, Ria and I were only among the select few who attended mass at Gesu this morning and had our foreheads imposed with ash. I most especially loved the homily (aside from my usual enchantment with the Music Ministry - the fatabulous singing voice of the choir) and I have to admit that I was struck with most of the words that Fr. David said.

"To love, to hold on and to let go."
- To love what is given, to hold on to it while it is with us and to finally learn to let go of it when the time comes that God takes it away. We have to bear in mind that things in this world are given to us for a specific time. That in its sense, should teach us never to take those things for granted and that when it is time to let go, we have to wholeheartedly do so.

"Our life is not about the losses that we have incurred but rather the dispositions that we made to cope with those losses."
- We are restricted to only one choice upon losing something or someone and that is to let go. It is an inevitable part of living and the way to deal with it is not acting as if we were the victim but rather how we chose to handle the situation even if it meant the deepest infliction of pain.

After all, when the only thing that matters is love, we have to strive to be happy even without the things that we want to have. It's about giving way to God's plan, putting our selfish desires last in our list of things to do.

Okay. Still have an ES LT tomorrow. Wrap this up muna.

Cheerios:)

No comments: