Monday, September 25, 2006

Life goes on after all of this.




This is finally it.

The weekend zoomed by like crazy. Friday was kinda fun because of the last InTACt session for the sem and the powermatch-debate-til-you-go-crazy-on-a-Friday-evening mania. Jeff and I didn't get to break. Hahaha. Asa pa. We didn't win even once. The highest rank that we got was third. Kawawa.

Saturday. Hon and I celebrated our last monthsary (ever?). We went somewhere and then after that just stayed home to watch Click, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and freaky Friday. Talk about a movie marathon. It was fun. Plus, I got to stay up late to do some other stuff.

Sunday was the first game for the finals. I was gonna go to Araneta because I practically had a ticket even if it were only in the Upper B. But then, I got tamad because I had my . So I lost every enthusiasm to travle all the way to Araneta to watch the big game. But no sweat. It was fun and it was miraculous. Waaaah! We still won at the last second! Hail Doug Kramer! Hail Macky Escalona! Hail Norman Black and to the Blue Eagles!!!=p

So there. I'm now facing a pile of work and a whole life ahead of me: after a 'tragic break-up'. (Sa mga magrerejoice diyan kasi he's finally single, don't be too sure. We haven't taken the last of our chances just yet. Wag makapal ang fez okay?)

We both talked about it. Settled with something. Cried a huge deal. Whatever2. I'm sort of keeping my hopes up for the sweet comeback. After all, we've been through this before so there's an extra ounce of patience needed for things to go back to the way they used to be. Or maybe not. Maybe things have changed completely. Maybe we have changed completely. But it's never too late to surmise and realize things in order to know which ones are worth keeping and worth fighting for. Let's just hope that things will be better soon. I know everything happens for a reason. It may sound too cliche to say that, but hey, it's better than just letting things happen without knowing why they're happening in the first place right?

An ode to my single life. Well, I'm not single. Technically I am, but deep inside I'm not. I'm somewhere in between. Then why am I so happy? Well, honestly, I'm not. It's just that, I have run out of any other options for me to find reasons to finally let it go.

I guess, that's the way it is. Life offers us a bite of something scrumptious so that our tastebuds can enjoy the mouth-watering goodness of that delectable phenomenon. But sooner or later, when the taste has gone and we're left with a bland taste leaving us wanting for more, we find it hard to wait for the next bite. Our tastebuds let an ounce of bitterness, making us wallow in misery. But we just have to accept that we can never have too much of the good thing. Life offers us a once in a lifetime sensation that if not enjoyed and savored in every moment that it lingers in our mouth, we regret having to take the taste for granted. Life offers a bite of something and in the same way bites us back with the harsh realities that can ruin our preference or taste, depending on how it leaves us: bitter, sour or with a tinge of sweetness enough to remember for the rest of our lives.

But that bite will never run out if you're meant to have it in your life. That's why there's always hope.

Good relationships don't always last but the time spent on it is enough to change lives forever.

True love doesn't always work out but it doesn't mean that the love will never carry on forever. In fact, it will, for the heart knows what it truly beholds even in the absence of that person. For that's how you know that you truly love someone, even if he's gone, he still stays in the place where you have always kept him.

Pain and sadness will be there to haunt you but the memories cherished will always make you strong.

Hold on. We are going to make it. Once in our lives we did and it has made all the difference. See you soon. As I have said months ago, everything is bound to fall on its right place. I love you♥

No comments: